April 15, 2008

"Comics Worth Reading" -- Thrivers



For a comic book writer who has a blog, I don't blog about comics much, do I?

Well let's change that, shall we?

In the spirit of my last post, about the Clockwork comic, I hereby start something new for my blog. Comics Worth Reading. These are comics that I feel are, uh, worth reading.

Today, I want to point you in the direction of Eric Merced's blog, where he has posted a comic called Thrivers.

In his own words, Thrivers is "a short 12 page comic with the goal of bringing awareness to the mass about emancipated Youth from the Foster Care system".

In MY words, it's a beautiful story that is, unfortunately, too often very true. The art for this story is spot on. The dialog and pacing are smooth and natural. The message is strong without being preachy.

So please, check it out HERE. You'll be glad you did.

~ Ben

1 comment:

Eric Merced said...

Ben,

Thanks for Blogging this. You do not know how much I appreciate it!