July 21, 2010

Marvel Movie Concept Art!!!!!

I love concept artwork. I find it inspiring, and even though I am not an artist one way I get my creative juices going is to sit down with an art book from some sort of genius artist, like The Lord of the Rings Sketchbook by Alan Lee or a The Art of _____ from one of Hayao Miyazaki's movies.

So when I saw that these San Diego Comic Con posters had been revealed, and then saw the actual images, man, I got excited.

Here's Captain America:


And here's Thor:


The first thing I have to say is that, frankly, these FEEL right. They feel iconic. They feel epic. They feel, well . . . RIGHT.

Who knows what the movies will be like. All I know is that these concept paintings look awesome, and I want to see more.

More importantly, I want to see a book of this stuff, to look at when I have some writer's block.

~ Ben

Image from Yahoo! News

No comments: