May 7, 2009

Nano Film Review #23 -- X-Men Origins: Wolverine


I didn't hate this movie as much as most people seemed to. It's a movie for people who liked the X-Men movies. Lots of X-Men characters pop up, and lots of lame plot devices and plot holes. There's some fun action, some good SFX and some bad SFX. Yeah, there's problems and BIG changes to characters and their comic book roots, but I say: "Who cares?" I walked into the theater expecting pure dreck, I walked out of the theater thinking it wasn't that bad. It wasn't that great either, mind you . . . and it won't be as good as Star Trek.

Recommendation: Non-comic fans -- see it at a dollar/second run theater; Comic fans -- stay away.

~ Ben

PS -- "Boo-hoo, they changed Deadpool," some say. I say nay! Rather, they set him up to be exactly who you want him to be if he gets a movie of his own . . .

No comments: