May 8, 2009

What Goes Around . . .

I have a vivid memory of a story my 7th grade English teacher told.

He told how he was driving and some kids threw a snowball at his car. He hopped out of his car to yell at them, but instead of yelling he just started laughing. The kids ran away, of course, and he kept laughing . . . because he suddenly remembered doing the exact same thing when he was a kid.

What made me think of this? Well, I'm working right now. The doorbell rings and I go to the door and there's no one there. I walk outside and see, half a block down, a kid watching my door.

I think I made him uncomfortable, because I just stared at him with a goofy grin on my face . . .

Remembering Mr. P's story from 7th grade . . .

And remembering when I did a similar thing as a kid . . .

~ Ben

No comments: