November 9, 2007

I LOVE TIME TRAVEL . . .

I love Back to the Future 1 -3.

Voyagers.

Star Trek IV.

Indeed, ALL those Star Trek eps w/ Time Travel.

Heroes.

The Time Machine.

Escape from Planet of the Apes.

Millennium Actress

Superman I.

Time After Time.

Time Bandits. And 12 Monkeys.

Peabody's Improbable History.

Just read a nice little manga called Time Guardians. It wasn't technically time travel, but it came close, especially at the end.

Even bad time travel can be good.

And I love that the first REAL comic I had published was a time travel comic: TIMEPIECE. (Someday I may get to do the sequel I wanted to do -- TIMEPIECE: Redux.) (A revised TIMEPIECE is also going to be my first audio drama. I got to revise it to keep the core message and a narrative through line, instead of just pontificating on religiosity.)

And I'm sitting here writing TimeFlyz for Zondervan and thinking to myself . . . I get paid to write time travel stories.

I love time travel.

I don't know if anyone else will like reading it as much as I like writing it. But for now, I'm having fun.

~ Ben

No comments: