November 14, 2007

I Won the Yahoo Lottery!

So, I got an e-mail informing me that I won the Yahoo lottery!

$300,000.00!

SWEET!

And Yahoo and Microsoft Windows, together, arrange all the e-mail addresses of the people that are active online and select only 20 people every year!

This is funny, because I'm a Mac guy and haven't used Windows for years. But somehow, Windows is STILL collecting my information! I feel violated.

The best thing about this, though, is that I was notified about winning the YAHOO LOTTERY from a HOTMAIL ACCOUNT!

Yes, the people in charge of the Yahoo lottery have gone through the trouble of signing up for a FREE HOTMAIL ACCOUNT so they can notify me and twenty other people about the win! You'd think Yahoo would at least let them use the free YAHOO account . . .

~ Ben

PS -- To claim my winnings, I have to give my bank information to someone in Africa. Seems some sort of mix up sent my Payment Approval File there. But at least they apologized:
PAYMENT OF PRIZE AND CLAIM
We are sorry that your Payment Approval File was sent to Africa so that you can be cleared and paid simultaneously there. You are to contact our UK Agent to give you more details for the collection of your winning fund.
Yahoo Beta Lottery Prize must be claimed not later than 14 days from date of Draw Notification after the Draw date in which Prize has won.

No comments: